Hi, My name is Krutika and I am twelve years old. I came from Lincoln Elementary where I was a Lincoln Lion. Some things I really enjoy to do are draw and dance. Even though my pictures aren't that great, I still enjoy to draw. I like dancing and drawing because I can always express my feelings the way I want to. Middle school is really different than elementary school. It is fun changing classes and having different teachers. From all the subjects in school, my favorite is English. I love it because I enjoy to read and write. I can also express my feelings by writing. But, there are times I do not like English class. Like, when we have a big essay due. When I write a story or a essay, I need time, not a due date. Another time I do not enjoy English class is when we have to read and then write about it. It ruins the fun of reading. I like to read for fun and enjoyment, not to answer what I felt or what I read about. I really look forward to know you.
Mrs. Patalano's English class is really fun! When we go to her class, we are always ready for work because as soon as we get in, we have to a worksheet to do. We have our tests on Fridays and we have them mostly every week. One activity we do in class is study for our vocabulary tests on the day before. Mrs. Patalano makes us form groups and we do different things as a class to help us prepare for the test the next day. The winning team gets an extra five points. Right now, we are doing our Career Unit. It is fun seeing what our future is going to be like. This activity will help us choose the right decisions in the future since we will know what will happen next. One thing I do not like about English class is that when we have our tests, we have to remember most of the things we learned before, like for our vocabulary tests, we need to know all the words from the units before. But, it is not that bad because it will help me in the future.
Once again, welcome to our English class. I really hope to know you better and I can bet you that you are going to have a great time with us. By the way, Mrs. Patalano is a very smart teacher and she is very funny. Even your worst day, will turn into your best if you are with Mrs. Patalano. I have experienced it, so I am not lying.
Krutika, this is an excellent post! You structured it very well, gave specific details to support your assertions, and transitioned smoothly between ideas! On a personal note, I especially liked the comment about how I can turn a person's worst day into his/her best; that was very sweet! Again, great job! By the way, I love your background!
ReplyDeleteKrutika! This is Abi!! Surprised to see me on your blog?Well I loovved your post.I just took me right along! You sounded like a very educated writer on this post. After reading this I think I am going to visit your blog more often. I never knew you were such a great writer. Your blog is very inviting and welcoming. Keep up the GREAT work!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Krutika, I liked that you explained why you like what you do after school.I also liked that you said how the career unit was fun for you because you have a reason for anything. You don't just say it you say what you mean by it.
ReplyDelete