Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ralph Fletcher's Writing

     In English, we were reading Marshfield Dreams: When I Was A Kid, written by Ralph Fletcher.Well... five excerpts! One thing I really like about his writing is that most of his stories are woven ideas. None of them just simply listed the main ideas. In the next paragraphs, I will tell you two excerpts I liked.
     In his vignette"First Pen,"he states,"What words were hidden-unborn,unwritten-in all that unused ink?"(Fletcher,2005,pg.44)I like this sentence because it is very unusual. Many people and authors use the same plain words over and over again. This sentence is different from other sentences. It is rare!
     In his vignette"Bobby,"he states,"Not a day goes by that I don't miss him."(Fletcher,2005,pg.60)This sentence is really emotional. As I read it, my heart was really sad. This sentence got the hold of me.In all, this story was really sad.
     As you can see, Ralph Fletcher is a very interesting writer. I would like to read more of his stories.
  
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Krutika! Blog post was great, but a few tips : next time try to use a wider variety of vocabulary words. Also try not to tell the reader directly what you are going to do next. Anyway good job but i know you can do better. I am excited for your next post.

    ReplyDelete