Nothing in this world is impossible if we keep trying our best to achieve it. Napoleon Bonaparte had once stated," Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools." Many people give up after a few tries to do something thinking that it is impossible. This is the main reason why most people's dreams do not come true. Impossible is the word people use when they give up trying to do something they can not do. Those people are complete fools into thinking that.
As a young child, there are many things I wanted to do. One of them was ice- skating. I always watch ice- skaters on television doing all these awesome stunts showing off their talents and skills. Those people inspired me to ice- skate. But, learning how to ice- skate was never easy for me. At first, I could not even stand on the ice! I just used to slip and slid everywhere! I also fell a lot of times and at that point I had completely gave up on learning how to ice- skate. I thought it had became impossible for me to learn how to ice- skate. But, then my mom and my dad told me nothing is impossible if you try your hardest to achieve it. I thought that they were lying to me so that I would go back to learning how to ice- skate. Even with that thought in my mind, I went to the classes. I tried my best to do what I was told to do on that slippery ice. But, before I knew it , I could ice- skate! If I had given up, like a fool, I would have never learned how to ice- skate and discover that nothing is impossible if you try your hardest.
George Washington is one of our great leaders. He fought so many vicious wars and went through tough times just so the United States could get the freedom and independence it deserved. We were attacked by the British Army a lot of times and they were good attacks. We lost may of our soldiers. The British Army had a very strong defense and large equipment to use in the wars, while Washington's army had nothing, except for the people and limited supplies. But, even with so little things, Washington's army won the wars and gave the United States its freedom and independence. Imagine what would happen if Washington and his army thought winning the wars against the British Army was impossible? We would have never gotten our freedom and our independence. Nothing is impossible and we can see the in our history.
"We must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy," J. K. Rowling once had once said. Giving up while trying to something and saying that it is impossible is really easy to say, but it is not the right thing to say. There are many challenges in life and if you say that they are impossible to over come, you are a fool. Thinking things are impossible to do will never get you anywhere in life. You should always remember that nothing is impossible if you try your best.
Hi krutika!
ReplyDeleteI really loved your post and we both used the same quote on this post. I found it a coincidence that you mentioned ice skating and that I did too!This post was very well written and I think you should keep up the great work!
Abi:)
Hey Krutika! I enjoyed reading this post so much. Just like you I have always wanted to learn how to ice skate although every time i tried, I chicken out. Your very lucky that you did not quit. I also liked the way that you tied in the idea of war during George Washington's time. Great post.
ReplyDelete