Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Birthday Surprise

      "Wake up, Max!" Amy exclaimed. "Today is mom's birthday!"
      "Let me sleep and tel mom I said happy birthday to her," Max replied.
      "No! Just wake up...now!" Amy shouted.
      Today was their mom's 40th birthday, but both Amy and Max were sad because she had work today.
      "Bye, guys! I'll see you when I come home from work,"their mom said as she kissed them good-bye.
      "Let's do something special for mom, since we didn't say happy birthday to her yet," Amy told her younger brother.
      "Okay, what do you want to do?" Max asked. After a few minutes of thinking, Amy got a great idea.
      " Let's make a birthday cake for her! I know she has a recipe in the cook book," Amy said excitedly.
      "Okay, but I can not reach the counter in the kitchen," Max whined. 
      "That's okay, we can put a stool there," Amy replied positively. Then, after they put the stool, Amy and Max got to work. Amy got the cook book and found the page with a chocolate cake. she ordered Max to get all the ingredients. When all the ingredients were found, the real work began. Amy and Max made the cake.
      "I want to put the chocolate frosting," Max said.
      "Okay, you can. But, only if you help me put the cake in the oven, since it's done," Amy said hoping he would.
      "Don't worry! I will do it myself," Max replied willingly. But, as he was walking toward the oven with the cake in his small hands, he tripped over the stool and fell. the cake flew up in the air and landed upside down on the ground.
      "Nooo! the cake is ruined!" Amy screamed.
      "I am so sorry,"Max said with guilt.
      "That's okay. You didn't fall on purpose.But, now what are we going to do? We don't have enough time to make another cake," Amy said.
      "Before we worry about making another cake,we have to clean up. Mom will not be happy f she sees this mess," Max said. So, Amy and Max started to clean up. But, before they cleaned up the cake, they heard a sound.
      "It's the doorknob!" Amy and Max exclaimed at the same time. that meant that their mom was home.
      " I am home kids!"their mom says after she opens the door. Then, she walks to the kitchen to drop her lunch box. "What happened?" she asked.
      "We tried to make you a birthday for your birthday, but it got ruined. WE are sorry," Max cried.
      "That's fine. At least you two tried," their mom said."Let's clean up and then we will go out to eat." After they cleaned up, they went to Pizza Hut and their mom had a great birthday.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Krutika, This is an awesome post just like all your other posts. You made some spelling errors but they did not deduct from the jolly and interesting tune. You took the most simple topic and turned it into something amazing. You truly are an amazing author and I will miss reading your posts over the summer.

    KIT:)
    Keep In Touch
    From,
    Abi

    P.S Your blog is one of the best blogs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abi, thanks for a great comment. I always try my best on everything I try to do. And I will be in the summer, so be sure to comment then too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job Krutika!!!!
    I really liked your post. I agreed with what Abi said. I really liked how you used a lot of dialogue and had a good plot and conclusion. There is no way for you to improve since you were perfect. This was an awesome post, just like your other ones

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krutika this post was great. I like the way that you took your time and didnt rush to the end. You made specific details that made the story more clear. The story is also great because it is relatable. Many kids try to do special things to their parents like me so i know what it feels like to have something going wrong. Really great post Krutika.

    ReplyDelete